Monday, August 04, 2008
Waiting for school =/
BIO SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I very scared lehs.
Aim: Effect of .... on stach production.
Approach: Experiment to inverstigate if varying ... would affect the rate of
starch production by ..............
Variables: Dependent- Amount of starch produced.
Independent- ...
Constant- Maturity of leaves. Size of leaves. Duration of ... Temperature.
Apparatus/Chemicals: ......
Step1: Destarch the plant by placing it in a dark room for 2 days.
Step2: Perform a starch test on the leaves of the plant to ensure the destarhing
process is complete by following steps 3-7.
Step3: Remove a leaf from the potted plant.
Step4: Put the leaf in a beaker of boiling water for 2 minutes.
Step5: Put the leaf in a boiling tube of ethanol or alcohol. Place the boiling tube into
a beaker of hot water.
Step6: After 10 minutes, remove the leaf from the boiling tube and put it back
into the hot water. This soften the leaf from ethanol and makes it more
permeable to iodine.
Step7: Spread the leaf on a white tile. Place a few drops of iodine solution on the leaf.
If the iodine remains yellowish-brown, starch is not present, and the
destarching process is sucessful. Proceed to step 8. If the iodine turns
blue-black, starch is present and the destarching process is not sucessful.
Repeat steps 1-7.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HAHAHA. I MEMORISED IT. I HOPE I DON'T FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I scared lehs. ]:
7:16 AM
